Susie Mosher is a comedian, actress, and singer who will make you laugh without fail! Her theatrical credits include a triumphant turn in Broadway's Hairspray and Off-Broadway's Suds and Back to Bacharach & David. Susie has also delighted television audiences with guest starring roles on Nurse Jackie, Without A Trace, HBO’s If These Walls Could Talk 2 w/Vanessa Redgrave, Beverly Hills 90210, Veronica’s Closet, and a recurring role on Showtime’s The L Word. Susie has lit up the screen in such films as A View From The Top, Lost Souls, It's Pat, The Wedding Planner, and Bear City 2: the Proposal. Susie is the host of the weekly show, BACKSTAGE at the new theater hot spot 54 Below.
Currently, Susie is cracking audiences up in the hit Off-Broadway show NEWSical the Musical along with Christine Pedi, Michael West, Christina Bianco, Tommy Walker, and a rotating cast of special guest stars which included Perez Hilton, Andrea McArdle (through December 2) and Cheri Oteri (December 3-30). NEWSical the Musical plays at Theatre Row's Kirk Theatre (410 West 42nd Street, between 9th & 10th Avenue). Click here for tickets and be sure to follow the show on Facebook and Twitter!
1. Who or what inspired you to become a performer? Seeing Camelot at the Circle Arts Theatre in San Diego when I was eight years old.
2. Who haven't you worked with that you would like to? Oh Jeez. So many people. I would have to write a list a mile long and nobody wants that.
3. What attracted you to "NEWSical the Musical?" I love the cast. Christine Pedi is an icon, NOBODY is better at capturing the essence of a celebrity and making them instantly recognizable. Her Liza is a reason to live. And Michael West and Tommy Walker are both so hilarious.
4. What do you hope audiences come away with after seeing the show? I want them to come away thinking "I haven't laughed like that in a long time."
5. What has been the best part about joining this talented cast? Well, they keep me on my toes. I am not an impressionist, so I have to find my niche in this crowd. They inspire me to come at things from a different angle and to create fresh funny characters that make them laugh.
6. What do you enjoy most about skit comedy? Again, it's fast and furious. The day after Obama was re-elected we were doing two new pieces reflecting the election. It's scary doing stuff in front of an audience that you just learned the day before, but it's also exhilarating. It's Kamikaze Theater. You may die in a ball of flames, but you feel super alive while you are doing it.
7. What are some of your favorite websites to get hard news and pop culture news from? Perez Hilton of course. and I just click on CNN to get the headlines.
8. What have you learned about yourself from being a performer? That I'm a deeply insecure individual who is still six years old standing in my living room saying "look at me! look at me!"
9. What's the best advice you've ever received? Nothing really matters.
10. If you could dream about anyone while you sleep, who would it be? That Meryl Streep and I were best friends, and we were always hanging out with Bobby De Niro and Steve Sondheim. Oh I guess I kinda answered the question about who I'd like to work with just then. Exactly...only in my dreams.