A native of Birmingham, AL, Amy Bizjak was last seen in NYC in Emerging Artists "White Baby" at TADA. Off-Broadway Amy has dazzled audiences as "Beth" in "Elephant Girls" (Theatre on 5) and "Elizabeth" in "Les Belles Souers" (Centerstage). Other selected NYC credits include, "She Loves Me" (Gallery Players), "Cooper Savage" (Westside Theatre), "Jesus Hates You" (McGinn/Cazale Theatre) and "Better Now" (Wings Theatre). In addition to theatre, Amy has been seen in commercials for Motorola and the NJ Lottery. She is a graduate of St. Edward’s University, Austin TX, a student of The Barrow Group and a proud member AEA.
Now Amy can be seen lighting up the stage in the new Off-Broadway show "Fabulous!" as "Sylvia" from August 9-26 at the Richmond Shepard Theatre in NYC (309 East 26th Street, between 1st and 2nd Avenue). Click here for tickets and follow the show on Facebook and Twitter!
1. You are about to star in the new Off-Broadway show "Fabulous." What attracted you to this show? First and foremost they wanted me! Secondly, original musicals are few and far between. Even though "Fabulous" has a few throwbacks to some classic shows, it's a real thrill to sing original songs.
2. What do you hope audiences come away with after seeing "Fabulous"? I want them to laugh. Making people laugh is the noblest of pursuits.
3. What do you identify most with about your character "Sylvia Smothers"? She thinks she's the boss.
4. What have you enjoyed so far about playing "Sylvia," at least in rehearsals? Poor Sylvia, she's a little slow.
5. What's your favorite part of the rehearsal/preview period in a show? When you're in a rehearsal studio, or a theatre, you enter into your own time zone. It's impossible to keep track of time. That span of time, when there is nothing else, is everything to me.
6. Who haven't you worked with that you would like to? I'm totally obsessed with Rebel Wilson.
7. What have you learned about yourself from being a performer? I love people, I may not like everyone but the human animal is quite awesome.
8. What's the best advice you've ever received? Never volunteer information.
9. If you could dream about anyone while you sleep, who would it be? Someone from many years ago. They aren't here anymore, for a long time I dreamed of them every nite. They were always such realistic dreams. For the life of me, I can't dream of them even if I tell myself to before I fall asleep. I guess that's what's supposed to happen, but I'd really give anything for just one more.
10. If you could have any super power, which one would you choose? It would rock to be able to fly.
11. Favorite skin care product? All things TARTE.
12. Favorite way to spend your day off? With my best friend, frankly my favorite way to spend everyday.