Cheyenne Jackson is a multi-talented actor, singer, and songwriter. He recently released his debut album, I'm Blue, Skies with collaborators Sia, Stevie Aiello, and Charlotte Sometimes. His first three singles were released in 2012, "DRIVE," the Top 40 hit "BEFORE YOU," and "DONT WANNA KNOW," all produced by Thomas "Tawgs" Salter. Whether on stage, film, television, or in concerts Cheyenne continues to have one of the most diverse careers in entertainment.
Cheyenne will be showcasing his talent this Sunday, December 1 and Monday, December 2 at Birdland Jazz in NYC, featuring special guest two-time Tony Award winner Christine Ebersole! Click here for tickets for December 1 at 6pm and click here for December 2 at 9:15pm.
1. On December 1 and 2 you will be performing at Birdland in NYC to help promote your debut CD I'm Blue, Skies. What excites you about this upcoming concert? The intimacy of the room. My first solo show at the iconic venue. Sharing some of my new music with people.
2. What are you looking forward to most about performing with Christine Ebersole? What has been the best part about collaborating with her for these concerts? She has one of my all time favorite voices. So versatile, so delicious. She is hilarious, and whip smart. My favorite kind of dame.
4. What made now the right time to release your debut CD I'm Blue, Skies? I'm at a point in my life where my personal struggles and breakthroughs manifest through my music and I felt the need to share.
5. What was your favorite part of the creative process in putting the CD together? Making a cohesive album. Telling a story. Not being too specific as to allow the listener to make personal connections to the lyrics and hopefully inspire and entertain.
6. You have released music videos for several tracks off of I'm Blue, Skies, including "Drive," "I'm Blue, Skies," "Don't Look At Me," "She's Pretty, She Lies," "Don't Wanna Know," and "Before You." I LOVE that you made music videos with a story line, like I grew up watching on MTV/VH1. What was the best part about making these videos? I love making videos. Having worked in film so much the past three years I love the medium and the impact a visual can have. I am getting into filmmaking myself in this next year and this was just a natural step for me as the videos are in their own right, short films.
He can currently be seen in Steven Soderbergh’s "Behind The Candelabra" with Michael Douglas and Matt Damon. And will next be seen starring opposite Gena Rowlands in the feature film SIX DANCE LESSONS IN SIX WEEKS releasing in theaters in early 2014.
Cheyenne has appeared in a number of films, including portrayal of Mark Bingham in the 2006 Academy Award nominated "United 93," "The Green" opposite Julia Ormond and Ileana Douglas, "Price Check" with Parker Posey, and "Lola Versus." 2013 films include; "Mutual Friends," "Lucky Stiff," and "Behind The Candelabra."
On & Off Broadway, Cheyenne has starred in The Performers, 8, Finian’s Rainbow (Drama Desk nomination), Damn Yankees, Xanadu (Drama League , Drama Desk nominations), The Agony & the Agony, All Shook Up (Theater World Award, Drama League, Outer Critics Circle nomination), the premiere cast of Altar Boyz, Aida, Thoroughly Modern Millie, On the 20th Century, and The 24 Hour Plays.
On television Cheyenne was seen on NBC’s 30 Rock portraying series regular "Danny Baker" and recently portrayed "Dustin Goolsby," the new coach of "Vocal Adrenaline" on Fox’s hit TV series Glee. Other television credits include; Family Practice, Life on Mars, Ugly Betty, It Takes a Village, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Local Talent, Mockingbird Lane, and The Onion News Empire.
In concert, he has sold-out Carnegie Hall twice. The Power of Two in 2010 with Michael Feinstein followed by his solo debut concert with the NY Pops Music of the Mad Men Era in 2011. The Power of Two was hailed by the New York Times as "passionate," "impeccably harmonized," and "groundbreaking." Variety acclaimed it as "dazzlingly entertaining." Music of the Mad Men Era was lauded by critics, the NY Daily News said "Cheyenne Jackson has got it all and he showed it all: the voice, the moves, the quirky self-effacing humor. He gleamed like Don Draper’s Brylcreemed hair."
Cheyenne continues to play an active role in a variety of social issues including; LGBT Rights, Marriage Equality, and HIV/ AIDS Research. Cheyenne is a Board appointed international ambassador for amfAR (The Foundation for AIDS Research) and he serves as the national ambassador for HMI The Hetrick-Martin Institute.
"I'm Blue, Skies" Music Video:
"Before You" Music Video:
"Don't Wanna Know" Music Video:
"Drive" Music Video:
"She's Pretty, She Lies" Music Video:
"Don't Look At Me" Music Video: